Powergrid Corporation Recruiting Executive Trainee Engineers
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEE in Electrical discipline.
Vacancies exist in Unreserved and reserved, i.e. OBC (NCL), SC and ST categories and have also been identified and earmarked for OH (OL) – Orthopedic Handicapped (One Leg), HH (PD) – Hearing Handicapped (Partially Deaf) candidates.
Please Note: Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
UPPER AGE LIMIT
28 years as on 31.12.2011
Executive Trainee (Electrical) – XVII Batch
Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute
Electrical/Electrical and Electronics/Power Engineering/AMIE
with Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *
Minimum 65% with both Sections A & B cleared by 31.03.2012
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 31.07.2012 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
The Selection Process consists of GATE – 2012 score, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.Eligible candidates will have to appear for the Electrical Engineering (EE) paper of GATE Exam – 2012. Candidates shall be short-listed for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their score in GATE Exam – 2012 and as per the criteria decided by the Management.Please note that only GATE-2012 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2011 or prior is not valid.Candidates who qualify in the Group Discussion & Personal Interview as per the criteria decided by the Management will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. The Offer of Appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on the requirement. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre-Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of ` 24900-50500 during the one-year training period. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer. The approximate CTC per annum are as follows:
6.6 lakhs per annum
12.09 lakhs per annum
HOW TO APPLY
1. Candidates have to register themselves and appear for GATE exam-2012 in Electrical Discipline (Code EE).
2. A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancy in each category, important dates related to submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 4th January 2012.
3. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE registration number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com from 4th January 2012.
4. There is no separate fee for applying in POWERGRID.
5. Group Discussion and Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the month of April/May 2012.
6. Please note that online registration for GATE -2012 closes on 17th October 2011 (23:00 hrs)
7. For details on GATE Exam -2012, please visit http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE
8. Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
9. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically through the Candidate Login.
GATE 2012-Commencement of Online GATE Application submission
12 Sept 2011.Last date for Online GATE Application submission (website closure) 17 Oct 2011.Last date receipt of hard copy of Online GATE Application at respective GATE Offices. 24 Oct 2011
GATE Examination 12 Feb 2012.Announcement of GATE Results 15 Mar 2012.POWERGRID Application Commencement of POWERGRID Online Registration 4 Jan 2012.Last date for POWERGRID Online Registration 15 Feb 2012.