Freescale Semiconductor Recruiting Software Support Engineers
In this support analyst position you will be work with a team to providing a full range of front-line support for a set of corporate database applications running on UNIX. You will be responding to help desk tickets as well as receiving calls from a global set of corporate end-users from Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In addition to first line support of users, you will also help maintain the Freescale catalog of SoC design IP. Your team will be responsible for registering new designs, maintaining design and IP information, and various custom report creation. Your role will include testing all our applications some of which are web based and some UNIX based. You will also be responsible for preparing and delivering trainings.
This role will require significant communication with designers in design centers around the globe via email, IM, NetMeeting and phone.
Degree in Computer Science, MCA or related field required.
Essential Technical Skills:
· Strong problem solving skills
· UNIX support/usage knowledge
· Knowledge of any one version control software like design sync, clearcase, CVS, RCS
· Knowledge of perl and shell scripting
Preferred Technical Skills
· Skills in SQL and database reporting tools
· Strong skills in Excel and other Office tools
Essential Technical Experience:
· 1+ years user support experience
· Excellent verbal and writing skills
· Experience in working in UNIX environment
· Experience using Oracle and/or MS SQL server
· Experience in supporting web applications